Monday, October 12, 2009

Plagiarism(I copied and pasted this word from dictionary.com)

I am not the source of truth. At times, I am a small tree producing good fruit. But how can the tree make the fruit without the sun water and soil?(trinity)(Put that in your pipe and smoke it.) Everything that is good that I say is from somewhere else. I won't claim that all of the things I say are traced back to the bible. I wish they were, but I really don't get this stuff well enough to actually act like it's how I live. I'm good at faking it and looking like a follower of the Lord. But you don't see the inside of my head or my hardened heart like I do. And I don't see it like He does. I'm glad He's so good.

Today a kid ran up to me and told me that what I said in class was awesome and wanted to know how I come up with these crazy things. I told him that I'm not coming up with anything new. All I do is look at stuff closer than most.

I am typing this to tell you readers that I am not anything special, at least not any more than any of you. The more I read the more I see that "my" ideas are actually not mine at all. They are from within me, yes, but my eyes are blue because my mom gave them to me. "He's got his mother's eyes." They are hers. The things I say are reflections and sometimes even exact replicas of things other people said. It's usually things C.S. Lewis said, which are things that George Macdonald said, which are things that the bible said. I think you get the point. Sometimes I even think of things as I watch trees and squirrels and stuff and get all kinds of excited at my original thought just to read about them in the writings of an Irish monk. I'm inheriting ideas and showing them to people who don't look for them. The true source of all that is good is God. The bible is a good spring. Fill your buckets.

I hope most of you didn't need to read this. I'm not arrogant. I only wrote this because of the kid who spoke to me today. What a misunderstanding. I hope he's the only one.

Please question everything you read. All of it.

1 comment:

  1. ah....BUT.....you open those books, and you open your mind when you look into them, and you let your Creator speak to you and you listen...
    and you choose to share-- THAT is awesome.

    ReplyDelete