Sunday, October 25, 2009

Awake

This morning I woke up in a new way. It usually takes me a while to "come to," often longer than it takes for my first class to start. I walk around like a zombie looking for life of some sort. Today was new, I woke up quickly with excitement. My mind was racing from the second my eyes opened. My thoughts have been moving like trains ever since.

As I slept last night, I had dreams. Some were stimulated by real outside sources, like my coffee maker. As it made coffee this morning, I began to have coffee show up in my dream. I even had a dream about a real event that happened yesterday. But the thing about dreams is this: They're not real. They can be about real things and even stimulated by real things, but they themselves are not real. Life is like this for too many of us.

We're living in a false reality that is at times based on truth but is not wholly truth.(pun intended)

What I am saying is this: Let's stop thinking of God as a drug and start thinking of him as a life. He doesn't come into us and make us feel different, He consumes us and transforms us into new things! Drugs wear off, the new creation that I am with Jesus is eternal. I believe that, I always said I did, but seriously- I BELIEVE THAT. Do you?

This is real. Nothing is impossible with my God. Nothing is impossible with my God! Why do we keep putting him in a box? He doesn't fit in boxes! if you have successfully shoved him into one, than most of him is outside of it. You may get little bits and pieces of him here and there, and that's great, but I want all of him! I want everything he has to offer me. Isn't that what he gave us?! He gave himself.

We are cups that are mostly empty and all we're doing is putting what water we have into each others cups, and that's great, but come on!

You can't find your fulfillment in a cup that isn't filled!

Let's tap into the spring of life, let's be filled with the holy water and never, ever go thirsty again. I think Jesus meant it when he said it to the Samaritan woman. Let's be with God. We sit around and pray and wait for our "calling." I have prayed things like, " God, I won't move until you tell me to. I want to follow your will for me, tell me it and I'll act. Where should I go?" He's saying this, "It's not about where your going, trust me on that one!(faith) I am telling you that it's not okay to be where you are. Move closer to me. Advance." When he spoke to Abraham he said," Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you." (Genesis 12)

He will show us!

He has promised us good things, is that not enough? We as a people need to look into his word and take it more seriously. God doesn't lie or exaggerate. I believe that if he says it, it's true. Let's use our lives to prove it. Let's start acting like saved people and stop acting like the world that is dying around us. Let's act like we have a hope. WE DO!
Live life. Live reality. There is one god who is God and who is holy. Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment