Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God is the giver.

It has become very clear to me that only God can reveal himself.
We can say all of the right things, do all of the right things, think all of the right things, own all of the right things, read the whole bible, read thick theological books, etcetera, but none of these will reveal God until God choses to reveal himself through them.

Everything is here so he can use it to reveal himself. We're like paints for a painter and notes for a musician. My recent revelations have been things I already knew. Things I've read, heard, thought of, and even taught. Nothing is here now that wasn't before, but veils are being removed, and nothing is the same. Nothing will ever be the same.

God never changes, but he changes us so we may better see him. This is freedom. There's no need to worry anymore.  What I mean is that my role in your life and yours in mine is not about being God. It's about letting God be us. Let him do things in and through us- mysterious and invisible things that can only be seen by those who's eyes he opens in that moment. In other words, it's not my job to change you (unless, of course, you are an infant with a diaper full of nasty.) or yours to change me (I will have you know that I am a big boy now and can change my own diapers, thank you very much.) As many have said, embrace the blasphemy and let God be man.

I can teach you how to learn about who God is by exploring him myself and sharing with you what I've learned, but I can't teach you who God is or isn't. If how right or wrong I am will never change who he is, then why would you let it?
Ask him to teach you who he is. He will. Maybe He'll use me.

In the meantime, I guess I'll try and put what he teaches me into words. But as I've said, those are nothing but drops of paint and flat notes waiting to be painted and played. I've got nothing to offer you because he's the one who can give you things. I've got what he has given me to offer to him and he's taking it all with the smile of that weird creative guy who's up to something in the basement.
(Not George Clooney...Gross)
He's up to something and I think we should be excited about it. He sure seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment